Colo Vale is a wonderful school.
We strive for 'Excellence, innovation and success in a caring community'. Together we work to live our life long learning through our values.
We share a warm inviting culture. Students, learning and people are the very centre of our school.
It is a great honour to serve the community, students and staff of Colo Vale Public School. We are a team committed to providing a dynamic curriculum, with stimulating learning in a modern environment.
This year, our 9 classes enjoy a fantastic learning environment with experienced teachers.
Some of our recent innovations include:
- The introduction of ipads to our teaching and learning programs
- Exciting school improvements through the Building Education Revolution Program resulting in a second computer lab, a creative arts room, a connected classroom which has video teleconferencing facilities, a new classroom, COLA( Covered Outdoor Learning Area) Extension, additional hall storage, landscaping and the extension of our communication PA and alarm system.
- Additional staff to support our student support learning program
- Additional resources, staff and funding to support our Maths initiative
- Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms and learning spaces
- Participation in the Premier's Sport, Debating, Spelling and Reading Challenges
- New students performing with recorders at the Mimosa Concert at the Sydney Opera House
- Enrichment programs and strategies to teach children according to their needs
- The establishment of deep links and learning pathways for students in our Bowral Learning Community. This is embodied in our collective website Enterprising Bowral Learning Community. I invite you to visit this website, to further investigate our collective school project on 'Acting For Poverty". Our proactive learning community was successful in receiving one of the 14 national 'Values in Action' Grants that supported our inter school values program.
Our school enjoys rich community support including parents supporting our School Band, P&C Uniform, Canteen and school initiatives, parent volunteers in classrooms, library and the computer lab. We enjoy shared leadership opportunities through our P&C, Fund Raising Team and initiatiatives as the Water Community Grant and the development of the Eco Garden. In this case the leadership is shared between the parents, school and the students.
Our students enjoy rich leadership opportunities through the Student Representative Council and the promotion of student initiatives.
Our staff enjoy stimulating professional development, that continues to generate our capacity for creative educational leadership and effective learning.
Come on over to our place.
A conversation about how we can engage your family in our school is always a pleasure.
02 4889 4250