Student Leadership~ Student Representative Councillors
The school has five Key Student Leadership Committees led by five Year 6 Councillors and five Deputy Councillors. These are elected positions.
Year 5 shadow Year 6 leadership teams for a period during Term 4 prior to the election speeches and voting process.
The Councillors and their Deputies are announced at the final Celebration of Achievement Presentation Assembly in Term 4.
All of Year 6 participate and assume roles and responsibilities. These roles can be subject to change.
The five committees are:
- Environment: Some of the responsibilities include care of the Eco-Garden, school recycling management and training, selling Eco Garden Produce, assisting classroom cooking and more!
- Sport: Some of the responsibilities include organising and handing our daily sport play equipment, assisting at sport carnivals, organising playground sporting competitions and more!
- The Arts: Some of the responsibilities include the promotion of the arts including organising murals, thanking visiting performers, setting up the hall each week for assemblies, management of the school flags.
- Welfare: Some of the responsibilities include fundraising for our World Vision Child, Stewart House, assisting with the Easter Hat Parade and school functions.
- Learning Collaboration: Some of the responsibilities include assisting the management of school tablets, writing for the school website, working with students and other schools to support learning using technology and more!